Samsung has this weird strategy of launching identically specced smartphones with nothing more different than storage size. They have done this many times. More recently with the J7 Prime and now with the J5 Prime. Both the Galaxy J7 prime and J5 Prime were launched in September 2016 with 16 GB of storage.
Now after almost six months, a 32 GB variant of the J5 Prime is said to launch soon with all the same specs as the 16 GB variant. A month earlier Samsung made the 32 GB variant of the J7 Prime available doing the same thing. It makes us wonder, Does Samsung believe in providing worthwhile upgrades to budget phone users or simply flooding the market with identically specced phones and attracting customers.
Enough said. The J5 Prime 32 GB variant is pegged to launch sooner. The news comes from the Twitter account of Mahesh Telecom, a smartphone seller from Mumbai. According to the retailer, the smartphone will be available within a few days. It is expected to be priced at Rs. 14900 in India an absurd price considering other competitors in the price range.
Right now the J5 Prime 16 GB is selling at Rs. 13,790 online.
Below is the spec sheet of J5 Prime.
- full metal body and a 5-inch HD (720p) display.
- Exynos quad-core processor, which is paired with 2GB RAM.
- Android 6.0, a 2,400 mAh battery.
- 16 GB storage expandable up to 256GB via a micro SD card.
- fingerprint sensor dual-SIM slots, 4G with VoLTE support, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, and a micro USB port.
- 13-megapixel rear camera with f/1.9 aperture and an LED flash, and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture.
Having listed the specs and price of the smartphone we also list the alternatives which provide an overall much better experience than the J5 Prime.
Redmi Note 4 64 GB, Lenovo Zuk Z1, Le Eco 2, Moto G4 Plus.