Report from the Counterpoint research has surfaced depicting Samsung as the largest smartphone manufacturer around the globe in Q2 2015.
Samsung mobile phone and smartphone shipments during the second quarter remained on top. In smartphones, Samsung accounted for 21% of units shipped from April through June, followed by the 14% belonging to Apple. Huawei was third with a 9% market share. Xiaomi (5%) and ZTE (5%) rounded out the top five.
Samsung managed a 19 % global share, compared to 10% for Apple, which is a distant second and 7% for Huawei in the third spot.
Here are some other vital points from COunterpoint research:
- One of every five mobile phone shipped globally is a Samsung.
- Huawei became the world’s third largest handset surpassing Microsoft.
- Asus shipments grew 5X from a year ago to become fastest growing brand , followed by Vivo’s total shipments grew 4X compared to a year ago
- Every 3 out of 4 mobile phone shipped on planet is a smartphone.
- Excluding Samsung, Apple now generates more smartphone revenues than the all other players combined
- One in two smartphones shipped globally now is LTE capable.
- US and China together contributed to two-thirds of the LTE smartphone market
- LTE Smartphone shipments grew 4X in china and 12x in India annually
It seems Asian market are picking the pace and even Asian brands are growing at more than 500%. For eg, Asus grew 500% with rise in shipments, followed closely by vivo with a growth of 400%.
So the old trend is breaking and markets are shifting towards Asia as compared to any other market. For detailed report you can head over to the source link.