Android N’s most important feature, Seamless Update are not coming to the Nexus Devices present in the market. It is going to come on the upcoming Nexus devices which are slated for later this year.
System needs dual partition to perform the Seamless update and it would be difficult for the end user to make the these changes. Android Police defines this as:
Implementing seamless updates on the Nexus 5X or 6P, for example, would require repartitioning the entire phone, and wouldn’t be possible for an end user to complete without hooking the phone up to a computer, allegedly.
This feature is brought or borrowed from Chrome OS where there are two partition and one of them is live on the device at one time.
Well, also don’t try to do it on your device or Nexus device as it can hard brick your device.
Check Google IO 2016 Coverage
Here are some potential features of the Android N:
- Android N’s Packs Storage Access Framework Allows Virtual Files While Locally Unavailable
- ‘Sustained Performance Mode’ is Available in Android N
- Android N Changelog Live Now With 48 Changes
- How to Turn on Secret Split Screen on Android N
- Android N On Stage With Various Features
Follow Us on our Channels: