It will turn Sony TVs and Blu-ray players running Google TV 2.0 (Android 3.2) into custom kernel-running machines. Booting into a modified kernel provides users the ability expand the capabilities of Google’s internet TV platform.
- Modified flash plugin with random per box flash string for Content Provider Bypass.
- Crippled update feature to prevent box from receiving automatic updates.
- Completely RW system, cache, and rootfs partitions
- Full ADB Root
- Removed signature checks on kernel / init scripts / init binary
- A few other surprises.
- BETA: Enable NTFS Support for Sony Google TV devices
Quite a useful hack for your Sony Google TV, but it requires a lot of reading, preparation and four USB drives to do. And yes, it voids your warranty. But if you’re keen on undertaking the task, head over to the GTV Hacker blog for more details.
Source: GTV Hacker