Spotify has already had a busy year, what with international roll-outs, its Facebook tie-up and its recent ‘Spotify as a platform for apps’ announcement.
Now, Spotify has given one of its earliest features a complete makeover. Spotify Radio has been given a top-to-bottom overhaul “making it bigger, smarter and an altogether cooler music discovery experience”.
The radio features will include:
- Unlimited stations: Choose a track, artist or genre and Spotify will instantly create a station of similar music. Your station will keep playing music based on your initial choice. Plus there’s no limit to the number of stations you can create.
- Unlimited skips: Don’t like a track? Skip it. As many times as you like.
- All-new intelligent recommendation engine: Spotify has put some clever new kit under the hood of Spotify Radio to let users access a better music discovery service.
- Unlimited access: With over 15m tracks to choose from, you’ve never had a bigger song library to enjoy.
- Available to all: Spotify Radio will be available to everyone – both free users and subscribers.
“Spotify Radio is an amazing new radio experience, offering unlimited stations and unlimited skips”, said Ken Parks, Spotify’s Chief Content Officer. “With our new intelligent recommendation engine and multi-million track library, the new Spotify Radio is a music discovery experience without equal.”
Spotify Radio will start rolling out alongside Spotify Apps over the next few days. You can get a special preview now, however, by visiting here: http://www.spotify.com/download/previews.