The U.S based carrier, Sprint is now rolling out an update for its carrier-locked BlackBerry KeyOne. The minor update with build number AAN982 brings latest August security patch for the defence-grade security boasting KeyOne.
Although, the latest OTA update doesn’t bring any new notable features. But includes major bug fixes and other much needed improvements to the core Nougat OS. Most importantly, the update is believed to fix the Sprint Mobile ID app bug that plagued the users for a quiet while.
Sprint id app’s Too irritating and annoying behavior of constantly reinstalling bloatware apps, even when owners remove and disable is gonna halt with this update.
Recently, Sprint had promised the consumers that it will try to erradicate the above problem soon. Most probably, this update may be the fix, though.
So, if you are one among the Sprint-branded KeyOne users who had enough with the anomaly of Sprint ID app. Time has arrived to get rid of it. If the update notification has not arrived, manually you could update your KeyOne to the latest AAN982 build by following the below steps.
- Go to homescreen, tap the launcher icon to enter the application grid.
- Under the Apps section scroll down to the Updates application.
- Tap Updates app to view current Build Number
- Manually check for updates by tapping Check for updates now text.
- Your device will prompt you with new updates if available
- Download and install it
- Wait for the system to update by rebooting
- Once rebooted, your KeyOne would be updated to the latest AAN982