With the powerful Android Studio, Google made the app development and its maintenance much easier for the developers. The IDE has evolved a lot over the past years by addition of new features and capabilities. As we’ve stepped into the new year, Google is now up with a new stable version of the Android Studio elevating the version number to 3.3 from the previous 3.2.
The latest Google Android Studio 3.3 brings substantial upgrade to the software. Google says, the latest version comes with fixes for over 200 user-reported bugs and other improvements making the app development even easier than ever before.
This release includes some of the noteworthy changes such as official support for Navigation Editor, improved incremental Java compilation when using annotation processors, C++ code lint inspections, an updated new project wizard, and usability fixes for each of the performance profilers. Additionally, saving snapshots on exit for the Android emulator is 8x faster.
There are plenty of other under the hood changes that you might want to see. Most of the important additional capabilities of the latest release is listed below for your reference.
Android Studio 3.3 – Changelist
- Navigation Editor
- IntelliJ 2018.2.2 Platform Update
- Kotlin 1.3.11 Update
- Clang-Tidy Support for C++
- New Project Wizard update
- Delete Unused IDE Directories
- IDE User Feedback
- Improved incremental Java compilation when using annotation processors
- Lazy task configuration:
- Single-variant project sync
- Android App Bundles now supports Instant Apps
- Multiple Emulator AVD instance Launch
- Android 9 Pie – Emulator System Images
- Emulator Snapshot Save Speed Improvement
- Profiler Performance Improvements
- Memory Profiler: Allocation Tracking Options
- Network Profiler: Formatted Text
- CPU Profiler: Frame Rendering Data
Thanks to the Project Marble, the Android Studio 3.3 is said to reduce the number of crashes, hangs, memory leaks, and user-impacting bugs. Hence, it’s wise to update your Android Studio to the latest version so as you can avoid the errors that you might encounter quite often on previous releases.
Android Studio 3.3 for Windows: Download
Other download options from here.