Just after a month later, Swiftkey is out-of-beta stage once again. The official one has gone live today with an update of 4.3 with some hefty change log to the keyboard. To remind you, Swiftkey is one of the best after-markets 3rd party Keyboard app better known for it’s word predictability.
This time the app is loaded with three new yet completely different keyboard layouts, undocking support and more.
If you are an existing user of Swiftkey, then this might be a good news for you.
For all the existing users, the update is free of charge and can be downloaded automatically via the Play store. Otherwise, if you want to try your hands on the new Swiftkey, you can download it via Play Store, Amazon Appstore and Android Pit. The company is also offering 50% off on the list price in the UK, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Australia, Russia and New Zealand as part of Google’s Autumn promotion.
The main change being the inclusion of of the layouts : full, compact and thumb keyboard, which allows users to type according to their taste.
“Layouts for Living make it easier and more comfortable to type, whatever you’re using and whatever you’re doing. The choice is yours – your SwiftKey, your way. We received an overwhelmingly positive response from our beta testers and we’re excited to bring SwiftKey 4.3 to all our users,” SwiftKey co-founder and CTO Ben Medlock said in a statement.
Here’s Complete Changelog of the App :
- Choose from 5 sizes to get your keyboard the perfect size for you
- Undock your keyboard and position it where you choose on your screen
- Rearranged and optimized secondary (123) and tertiary (symbols) layout, based on extensive user testing
- A new theme: previously SwiftKey and SwiftKey Tablet had two different themes called “Dark”. Both are now available on phones and tablets, with the tablet “Dark” renamed as “Forest”
- Extended layout for tablets, including left and right cursor keys
- All 4 cursor keys (up, down, left, right) are now available on the secondary (123) layout on tablets – phone users can still choose to have cursor keys on the main layout
- 10-inch tablets can choose to have a central numpad in the thumb layout in landscape
- Combined phone and tablet app to give a seamless experience across all device sizes
- New language model: Canadian English is now supported – English (CA)
Source: Play Store
Follow Us on our Channels: