Telegram is unstoppable from adding crazy features. The recent Telegram updates brought a slew of new functionalities such as Native Poll, Instant View 2.0 and much more. Today, a new update is on the air with plenty of new features.
The latest Telegram 5.2 adds group permission and undo-delete to name some. Have a look at the changelog below to see the changes.
Telegram 5.2 update Changelog
- Global permissions for groups. Restrict all members of any group from posting certain types of content.
- Unified group settings. Make groups public, set admins with granular permissions and toggle persistent history in any group.
- Undo deleting chats and clearing chat history within 5 seconds. Detailed confirmation dialogs when deleting chats.
- New sorting options in Contacts: by name or by last seen time.
- New animations when uploading and downloading media.
The group permissions feature gives the admin additional power to determine which all types of files can be send/receive in the channel/group. It can restrict all members from posting specific kinds of content. Or even limiting members from sending messages altogether.
The undo option is another nifty feature which is debuting with the Telegram 5.2. Whenever you delete a chat or clear chat history, Telegram notifies with you a detailed confirmation dialog and an option to restore the conversation within the next 5 seconds.
Last but not least, Telegram groups now support up to whopping 200,000 members. Note that previously it’s 100,000, so the capacity is getting a 2x increase. Well, there do exist minor changes such as streamlined group interfaces, including the Settings screens, Admin panels, and Member lists.
- Read More: Telegram 5.1 introduces native poll feature
Telegram 5.2: Google Play Store