One of the fastest growing web based instant messaging app – Telegram is now getting a new update to version 5.7. The Telegram 5.7 is live on Google Play Store, so users can download to enjoy the added privacy options and slight changes in the UI. As of the update changelog, here goes:
New in version 5.7:
- Choose who can see your phone number in Privacy & Security settings.
- Add groups to “Always/Never Share” exceptions in privacy settings. Permissions will get updated as users leave and join the groups.
- Enjoy improved design when confirming actions, searching for messages and adding users to groups.
- Connect a discussion group to your channel.
- View any public channel, even without a Telegram account.
- Seamlessly integrate bots with web services.
One of the major addition to the Telegram with release is, users can now choose who all can see the registered phone number. The new privacy settings can be accessed from Settings>>Privacy and Security>>Privacy>>Phone Number.
Another new addition is in Channels. Users can make use of the Telegram sample @discussbot an admin in the broadcast channels to get a comments button under the posts published. The comments button opens a website where comments can be entered. The bot will also notify the admin if someone replies.
Discussions and Announcements
Telegram group chats support upto 200,000 members to discuss things. Due to the users request, Telegram has added discussions to channels and announcements to groups. With this update, admins can add a group chat to their channel to serve as a discussion board:
There are other plenty of changes here and there that you can experience within the new Telegram. Update your Telegram app to enjoy all these changes.