Another Telegram update has just gone live for Android and it brings a handful of new useful features. What’s good about Telegram updates is that they always take care to do a blog post detailing their new features with some cartoony images. This time is no different.
The v4.4 update brings a live location sharing feature which has somehow eluded Telegram devs until now. Other popular IMs have it since long. What’s new is that users can now schedule location sharing in a certain time period. After that time ends, your contacts will not see your location.
The update now makes admin messages more easy to spot with probably some highlights. That is good since Telegram has big groups. Another improvement is the inbuilt audio player. Perhaps, they have added support for more file formats or maybe not. The changelog says the audio files will play more comfortably. For more info, We list the changelog below.
- Share your location with friends in real time with the new Live Locations.
- Control whether new members in supergroups can see earlier message history.
- Easily recognize messages from group admins by the new ‘admin’ badge.
- Listen to audio files with more comfort using the redesigned player.
- Added French, Malay, Indonesian, Russian, and Ukrainian languages.
- Suggest alternative translations using our new localization platform – translations.telegram.org