If you use the official Twitter for Android app, then you’ll be happy to know that it was updated today. This update brings some pretty decent features, some features that most other clients already have, and others that are nothing to write home about, but are probably welcome anyway. I’ll do this the easy way and just give you the list first.
What’s in this version:
- Displays search results in a tabbed view
- Add and remove saved searches from universal search suggestions
- SSL used for network requests
- Font size setting
- Tapping on a map in detail view searches nearby Tweets
- Launch links directly from a message
- Ability to delete messages
- Added Tweet count to user profile
- Improved avatar loading
- Improved the way data is cleared to conserve more space
- Fixed a bug where music skips when refreshing, etc.
- Many other improvements and bug fixes
After looking through this list, I think the most useful feature is definitely “display search results in a tabbed view” – mostly because I like tabbed things. Aside from that, it’ll be nice to have the ability to delete those “mistake tweets” and check out your tweet count directly from the mobile app.
You can grab the official update from the Android Market, or just hit the widget below.