A few months back Xiaomi has launched its Mi A1 smartphone in India, undoubtedly it is one of the best devices we have seen so far from the house of Xiaomi. The device is globally known as Mi5x. Xiaomi Mi A1 is an Android One device which means the device will be given first preference in terms of rolling out new updates. The device offers stock Android experience but still, some geeky users are there who prefer a rooted device over the stock which for some later creates a problem. Well, those who want to go back to stock ROM and Unroot Xiaomi Mi A1 need to follow this guide.
If you are into rooting for a while then you might be knowing that rooting voids your warranty. Even, if the process is not done with care or by not applying right set of files then later a user has to suffer from various working issues. We have a list of best custom ROMs for Xiaomi Mi A1 if you want to give try for another custom ROM. If you are tolerating the same problem then you are at the right place as in this article, we will be letting you know that you can unroot your Xiaomi Mi A1 and get its warranty back. Follow the below-mentioned steps to succeed:
Steps to unroot Xiaomi Mi A1
- Firstly download and install the ADB and Fastboot on your PC or Laptop.
- Now uninstall the Magisk modules installed on your smartphone(uncheck all modules and delete them), after doing so reboot your device.
- Open Magisk manager and uninstall it.
- Now download the Android Oreo Stock boot image for the Mi A1 from the below-given links and move it to the PC folder where ADB and Fastboot have been installed.
- Switch off your Mi A1 and open the fast boot mode by long pressing vol down+power button combination.
- Now connect your device to PC with a working USB cable and open the command prompt.
- Type the below command to unlock your device:
fastboot oem unlock
8.) To check the current slot use the below-mentioned command:
fastboot gevtar current-slot
9.) Now give the below-mentioned commands keeping in mind the slot of your device:
(if “A” is slot)
fastboot flash boot_a boot.img
(if “B” is slot)
fastboot flash boot_b boot.img
10.) Lock your device again by giving the below command:
fastboot oem unlock
11.) Simply reboot your device by giving the below-mentioned command:
12.) Now you have an unrooted Mi A1 device.
We have listed all the downloads for the process below.
Download Stock ROM for Mi A1
Read More about Xiaomi Mi A1: [ROOT] How to change Xiaomi Mi A1 font How to install Xiaomi Mi A1 ROM on the Mi 5X How to resolve Xiaomi Mi A1 Dialer App bug running Android Oreo
Also know, how to change the Xiaomi Mi A1 font. This is the guide to unroot Xiaomi Mi A1 and if you have any issues, you can comment below.