The XDA Recongnized Developer, Androxyde’s Flashtool is a powerful tool for engineering Xperia devices. To be precise, it is capable of modifying all Xperia devices using S1 protocol for flashing firmwares. They even include the devices from way back to 2009 such as Xperia X10. And has been rapidly expanding to include the support for all new Xperia devices launched after the Xperia X10. Now, two more new series of devices – the Xperia XA2 and Xperia XZ2s are Flashtool compatible.
A latest update for the Flashtool brings support for the recently launched devices – Xperia XZ2 and XA2 series. With the update, the Flashtool bears the version number 0.9.25.0. The official changelog of the update goes like this:
- FTF created with very old releases of Flashtool are not compatible with the new version.
I’ve heard flashtool not beeing compatible with old devices
Thats not true. It’s just the bundle that is not shown.
As a workaround, extract the bundle content to a folder.
If the bundle contains a boot folder, rename sinb and tab files to sin and ta.
Recreate the bundle with the new Flashtool
- Update for XZ2 and XA2 series. For XA2 or XZ2 flashing
You will have to recreate the FTF with the release 0.9.25.0 of Flashtool if you already had a FTF
- Updated all libraries to latest version
- Updated Java to 10.0.1
Those who own a Xperia device, ought to know the power of Flashtool. In fact, it’s more capable than the official Flash tool which itself is restricted to just as a firmware flash tool. Whereas the Flashtool by Androxyde is an All-In-One tool capable of performing following actions.
- Root your phone
- Install recovery, busybox, custom kernels
- Clean your rom (remove /system/apps apps of your choice) (Be careful, unless you really know what you do, do not modify the default list. This can make your phone stuck at the SE Logo)
- Clear dalvik cache
- Optimize (install of JIT v2) (plugin for 2.1 phones only from 2010 line)
- Customize (installs apps found in the custom/apps folder of the flashtool)
- Edit any text file on the device
- Rebrand your device
Truly, the Flashtool has been a majestic and handy tool for myriads of Xperia devices, especially for those with the unlocked bootloaders. The latest and previous release of the tool along with the brief description of the Flashtool can found from the source link.