Verizon has posted fourth quarter earnings report and they have gained alot in the last quarter of the year. Verizon added a net 1.5 million wireless retail postpaid, or monthly, subscriptions in the quarter, below 2 million a year earlier but above the analysts’ average estimate of 1.42 million, according to market research firm FactSet StreetAccount.
Here are key points of Verizon Q4 2015 reports:
- $1.32 in earnings per share (EPS), compared with a loss of 54 cents per share in 4Q 2014, including impacts in both quarters related to the annual actuarial valuation of benefit plans and mark-to-market pension adjustments.
- 89 cents in adjusted EPS (non-GAAP), a 25.4 percent increase compared with adjusted EPS of 71 cents in 4Q 2014.
- 1.5 million net retail postpaid connections added in the quarter; 112.1 million total retail connections; 106.5 million total retail postpaid connections.
- 0.96 percent retail postpaid churn, demonstrating continued high customer loyalty.
- 6.8 percent Fios revenue growth; 99,000 Fios internet and 20,000 Fios video net additions.
There’s also an increase in sales at the company’s FiOS high-speed Internet, TV and phone service rose 6.8 percent to $3.53 billion.
So it seems quite good quarter for Big Red.