The MIUI 10 unarguably tots major improvements in the history of Xiaomi software. In deed, the Chinese firm is thoroughly beta testing the skin and it’s just a couple of days ago the MIUI 10 Global Beta 8.8.16 got released. Literally, bringing major bug fixes and lots of improvements. But, it seems the package does offer a neat and handy way to certain devices such that it can be flashed over the stable builds without fastbooting.
As per an official announcement from the Mi developers team, the latest MIUI 10 Global beta can be used to switch to Developer ROM from MIUI Stable ROM, all without involving unlocking the bootloader or fastbooting. Note that it’s possible only on below mentioned devices.
Supported Device models:
- Redmi 5A
- Redmi Y1 Lite
- Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Redmi Y1
- Redmi 5
- Redmi Note 5
Recommended Stable ROM Version(currently installed stable MIUI)
To Developer ROM Ver
Redmi Note 5 Pro
Redmi Y1 Lite
Redmi Note 5
Yes, you heard it right. If you own any of the above devices and has been refrained from trying the latest MIUI 10 beta all because of the somewhat advanced fastbooting method. Well, the time has arrived to give it a try by just using the MIUI stock updater app which can be found under software update section.
How to update to MIUI 10 Beta ROM from Stable ROM
- Download the Recovery ROM for your device, and store it on root folder of the device internal storage. All download links are given below.
- Make sure your device has adequate level of battery (60% and above to be on safer side).
- Back-up your personal data as a switch from stable to beta wipes the user data partition (removes your apps and other data including media).
You may also like these
- How to Fix ‘WebGL hit a snag’ Error in Chrome
- Best Custom ROMs for Coolpad Note 5
- Best Custom ROMs for Xiaomi Redmi 5A (2018)
Steps for How to update to MIUI 10 Beta ROM from Stable ROM
- Open the “Settings – about phone – System Update.
- Press the vertically aligned three dots over at the top-right corner – Choose update package”, select the ROM package you downloaded.
- Reboot the device when asked, let the process complete & post restart your will be greeted to MIUI 10 start-up screen.
- That’s it. Enjoy the MIUI 10!
The MIUI10 Global beta builds get updated weekly, perhaps on every friday. Hence, if you’ve successfully flashed the MIUI 10, don’t forget to hit the software update section every friday to get the beta update OTA.
Recovery ROM Downloads
Ever since the MIUI 10 Global Beta was up for the eligible devices, lots of users were dying to get it on their device. But, the bootloader unlocking and fastbooting literally kept most of the not-so power-users away from switching to the beta builds. Nevertheless, the new facility is in deed a boon for the device users and hopes it’ll be extended to all other MIUI 10 Global beta eligible devices as well in coming days.
Before we end, a big kudos to Xiaomi developer team for hearing the user grievances and coming up with such a reliable and easy workaround. What you guys have to say?