Xiaomi recently started rolling out MIUI 184.108.40.206 (MAGCNED) update for Xiaomi Mi 5S. This is a major update that brings a lot of new features, optimizations, fixes and changelog for your device. The update size is roughly 416MB and we recommend that you download the update as it also resolves various stability issues.
The update brings several New features, Optimizations, and Fixes and packs some main highlights as listed below. The update is currently rolling out in China.
- The update brings along smarter and more efficient CPU allocation strategy.
- Improved music search with all new Mi Music and redesigned Music app.
- To ensure the security of the verification code, verification SMS are displayed only after the Lock screen password is entered.
- Separate App locks for Dual apps.
- New option for hiding the notifications content on Lock screen.
- Redesigned Settings Menu.
- Now finding a call recording is more convenient as recorded calls are now tagged in the call history.
- Option in lock-screen password setting for ‘Never’ require a Lock screen password.
- Reduced size of the Home screen icons.
- Auto brightness adjustments.
- Swipe up to remove a task in the Recent tasks.
- Screen didn’t light up whenever a message with a verification code arrives.
- Low battery warning message didn’t disappear from the Lock screen after the device was charged.
- Connection Issues with personal hotspot if it was turned on in the Notification bar.
- Blank lock-screen notifications in some cases.
- Date display error in the Notification bar.
Apart from above, the update also brings some other enhancements and fixes.