Xiaomi has always remained the charm of the eyes of third-party developers. There are a lot many ROMs and third-party development for most of the Xiaomi Smartphones. The rooting friendly environment for the developers and the users have paved the way for such vast support to Xiaomi smartphones. Similarly, Xiaomi Mi A3 users can now unlock the bootloader and further root and install custom ROMs and MODs. We have compiled a guide to let our users know about the steps to successfully unlock Xiaomi Mi A3 unlock.
Xiaomi Mi A3 specification
Xiaomi launched the Mi A3 this year with Android One Project based Android 9.0. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 chipset coupled with 6GB RAM and Adreno 610 GPU. It is available in different storage variants of 4GB RAM + 64 GB Internal, 4GB RAM + 128 GB Internal and another 6 GB RAM and 128 GB Internal storage variant. It includes a 6.01-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 720 x 1560 pixels and Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
Xiaomi Mi A3 comes packed with a triple rear module featuring a 48-megapixel primary sensor, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide lens and a 2-megapixel depth sensor On the front, there’s a 32-megapixel lens for selfies and video calling. The smartphone supports WiFi, Bluetooth 5.00, GPS, FM Radio, USB 2.0 and Fingerprint sensor. It is packed with a 4030 mAh Li-Po battery supporting 18W fast charging.
The smartphone features a 3.5mm audio jack, a fingerprint scanner, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and a compass sensor. It is available in three different colors of Kind of Gray, Not just Blue and More than White.
Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader
- It brings support to unlock the bootloader
- Users can install third-party MODs
- It’s the window to root devices with Magisk or SuperSU
Note: Unlocking the bootloader will void the warranty of your device. GoAndroid in no way is responsible for any damage to your device and data while unlocking the bootloader of Xiaomi Mi A3.
- Download and install ADB tools on your PC.
- Download latest Xioami USB Drivers
- Backup important data on Xiaomi Mi A3
- Turn on Developer Mode by heading to the Settings > About phone > tap MIUI version 7-8 times.
- Enable USB and Debugging Mode by heading to the Settings > Additional Settings>Developer Options>Tap USB Debugging.
- Enable OEM Unlocking by heading to the Settings> Additional Settings > Developer Options>Tap USB debugging.
Steps to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Mi A3
- Make sure you have enabled OEM Unlock and USB Debugging Mode.
- Extract the downloaded ADB and Fastboot zip on your system.
- Now, Open the Powershell or CMD prompt by pressing SHIFT+Right Click in the ADB and Fastboot folder.
- In the CMD, type the below command to boot into bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, Enter the following command to verify the device is connected or not:
- You have to accept the pop-up message to “Always allow from this computer” by pressing OK.
- Execute the following command to unlock Xiaomi Mi A3 Bootloader in CMD:
fastboot flashing unlock
- The Mi A3 bootloader will be unlocked upon the successful execution of the above command. Now, type the below command to fully complete the unlocking process:
fastboot flashing unlock_critical
- You’ve successfully unlocked the Xiaomi Mi A3 bootloader.
This is our guide to unlock the bootloader of the Xiaomi Mi A3. If you get any errors or issues while performing the above steps, then do let us know via the comments below.