Yesterday, Google launched the Chrome App launcher for windows users and today according to some sources its revealed that Google is developing Chromoting, a remote desktop App for Android. Currently not much is revealed as these details are spotted on Chromium by Googler François Beaufort.
As according to code reviewed Beaufort, its said that the app can connect to any user’s desktop computer, allowing for viewing and manipulating of a host’s desktop. But isn’t its already available via Google app called Chrome Remote Desktop which allows the user to remotely access another computer through the Chrome browser or using a Chromebook? Along with the above feature it will also include below mentioned things:
- Authenticate using a Google account on the phone
- Query and display the host list from the Chromoting directory server
- Connect to and communicate with the host service over XMPP/ICE
- Establish peer-to-peer channels for communicating with the host service
- Notable missing features are: Display the host’s desktop, Handle any kind of input
Another thing is it will be available for Android, which means direct integration with chrome browser.
Stay connected with us.
Source: Chromium Code Review