The OnePlus 2 was announced in July 2015 with Android 5.1 Lollipop on board. Sadly, the device only got a single Android update which is 6.0.1 Marshmallow. It is shame that OnePlus didn’t provide two Android updates to the OnePlus 2. The last update for the phone was rolled out in October which brought KRACK fix and the month’s security patch. Let’s see some best Android Oreo custom ROMs for OnePlus 2.
Though the company has stopped developing for the OnePlus 2, the custom ROM community still remains strong. One can now even enjoy the sweetest of Android which is 8.1 Oreo on the OnePlus 2. All you need is your OnePlus 2 with unlocked bootloader and custom recovery(TWRP preferred) installed. Then, simply install the Android Oreo-based custom ROMs of your choice from our list below.
We have list of Android Nougat based Custom ROMs for OnePlus 2. You can check these as well, if you like more stable device. Before installing the custom ROMs, you can check our guide on how to root and install custom recovery on OnePlus 2.
Best Android Oreo Custom ROMs for OnePlus 2
LineageOS is the largest aftermarket distribution of Android, formerly known as CyanogenMod. The latest 15.1 version is based on Android 8.1 Oreo and the official builds for the OnePlus 2 just went live few days back. Get it from the official site now. Also, check our guide to install the Android Oreo custom ROMs for OnePlus 2.
Resurrection Remix v6.0
Resurrection Remix is based on LineageOS 15.1 and includes a ton of additional features an customization options. It is the most preferred custom ROM for any Android device because of the number of features it offers. The builds for OnePlus 2 are official and you can know more as well as download it from this XDA thread.
The Pixel Experience ROM brings the Google Pixel experience to your OnePlus 2 or any other smartphone it is available. This is the heaviest of all the ROMs because it comes with GApps included. To know more about this ROM, visit this XDA thread.
Android Open Source Illusion Project
This ROM is based on AOSP(Android Open Source Project) rather than LineageOS. It comes with some tweaks and customization options but those are minimal when compared to Resurrection Remix. Visit this XDA thread to learn more about this ROM and download link.
Delight Oreo 8.0
The Delight Oreo 8.0 ROM is based on LineageOS 15 but inherits features of several other popular custom ROMs. The developers have cherry-picked the features which are used by many. Get this ROM from this XDA thread.
HalogenOS is also known as XOS and is based on AOSP and CAF(Code Aurora Forum). The ROM includes minimal features and tweaks that are sufficient for many users. Download this ROM as well as know more about it from this XDA thread.
This ROM is based on AOSP and packs a number of additional features and customization options. Download this ROM from its official XDA thread.
This ROM is also based on AOSP and features some additional functionalities as well as performance, and battery tweaks. And most of these extra features are inherited from other popular ROMs as usual. Download the Cosmic-OS from this XDA thread.
This one is based on LineageOS but comes with other performance tweaks and additional features. Get it from the official XDA thread.
This is the last best Android Oreo custom ROM for the OnePlus 2. It is based on LineageOS with extra features of its own. You can grab it from this XDA thread.
Now, that was our best Android Oreo Custom ROM picks for the OnePlus 2. In case you are not aware of how to install them, then proceed reading, else you are good to go.
How to install Android Oreo Custom ROMs on OnePlus 2
- In order to install any custom ROM, your phone’s bootloader must be unlocked.
- And you must also have a custom recovery(TWRP preferred) installed on your phone.
- The above two tasks can be easily done by using this All In One Tool.
- Then all you need to do is download the ROM of your choice and copy it to the internal storage of your phone.
- Also, do not forget to download GApps package which is essential to sign into your Google account. (OpenGapps preferred)
- If you are installing any ROM for the first time, it is better to proceed with a complete wipe.
- Boot into TWRP recovery, then wipe system, data, cache and dalvik cache.
- Then install the custom ROM package followed by Gapps.
- That’s it. Now reboot your phone to enjoy the new software.
If you have any queries related to the above-listed custom ROMs or the installation process, you are welcome to drop your comments below.
Also, check the OnePlus 2 timeline of updates and news below:
- Comparison: OnePlus 2 Vs. Galaxy S7 Edge
- OnePlus 2 Getting OxygenOS 2.2.1 Brings Various New Features
- Oxygen OS 3.5.9 update now rolling out for OnePlus 2
- How to install Android Nougat 7.1.1 on OnePlus 2
- OnePlus 2 receives Oxygen OS 3.6.1 update with October Security patch
This is our guide to to best Android Oreo based Custom ROMs for OnePlus 2.