Google Discover, previously Google Feed shows relevant content on the left side of supported launchers with Google app installed on Android smartphones. In other words, it is an aggregation service that shows recommended news stories and blogs based on the user’s Google search. Moreover, it also displays other useful information such as weather, commute, package deliveries, and more. That being said, it has always had a light theme until recently when it added support for the dark theme.
However, the dark theme on Google Discover is exclusive to the Pixel lineup of smartphones. But you can enable it on any Android smartphone by following our guide on how to enable dark mode on Google Discover Feed. Most importantly, the methods listed in our guide do not require root and hence you do not need to worry.
Steps to enable dark mode on Google Discover feed
Dark mode on Google Discover feed can be enabled by two methods on any Android smartphone. The first one involves using Nova Launcher with Nova Google Companion which works flawlessly. Whereas in the second approach, the user will have to install any launcher with support for Google Discover feed and set a dark wallpaper but this technic does not work always.
Nova Launcher with Nova Google Companion
- Install Nova Launcher from the Google Play Store.
- Download and install the Nova Google Companion app from the official website.
- Now open Nova Settings either from the app drawer or long pressing on the home screen.
- Then, tap on Integrations and select Dark from the theme option under the Google Discover section.
- That is it, you have successfully enabled Google Discover feed Dark Mode.
Using dark wallpaper on any launcher with Google Discover support
- Install any launcher with Google Discover support like Rootless launcher or Action Launcher.
- Then, set a dark wallpaper by long pressing on the home screen.
- Now, check whether Discover Feed Dark Mode appeared. If not, try the first method.
That was the end of our guide on how to enable dark mode on Google Discover. If you any queries or doubts, then feel free to drop them in the comment section below. We will try our best to solve your issue as soon as possible.