OnePlus 6 is the company’s newest and the only smartphone offering at present. It is one of the best flagship smartphones, one can buy at an affordable price. As with any OnePlus device, what makes the OnePlus 6 stands out is the eye-catching spec sheet and of course the community. Today, we are going to install LineageOS 15.1 on OnePlus 6.
As the company offers better hardware at low cost, most of the enthusiasts and developers opt for a OnePlus device. And the proof is the availability of an unofficial LineageOS 15.1 build within few weeks of the release of OnePlus 6. Yes, you heard it right. If you are a OnePlus 6 users, you can now taste LineageOS 15.1 on your device.
But, there is a catch in installing this ROM on your OnePlus 6 as it is not as simple as flashing a zip file through TWRP recovery. This ROM is the courtesy of a recognized XDA developer known as phhusson. It is a Generic System Image (GSI) with Gapps integrated. And thus, it needs to be flashed on your device in a non-conventional way.
You might also like: How to Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 6 How to Install OnePlus 6 TWRP Recovery How to Install Android P Developer Preview on OnePlus 6
Before advancing, we would like to inform you that the LineageOS for the OnePlus 6 is in alpha stage. Hence, many things in the system are broken and do not work. Therefore, we do not recommend installing it unless you wanted to risk experiencing the ROM. So here starts the guide install LineageOS 15.1 on OnePlus 6.
- Fingerprint Scanner
- Notification LED
- Brightness Slider (does not work on the AOSP GSI)
- Dash Charging
- LiveDisplay / Night Light
- LineageOS Styles
- System Profile Bluetooth trigger
- Adaptive Brightness
- OnePlus Gestures
- Color Profiles
How to install LineageOS 15.1 on OnePlus 6
- Download the LineageOS 15.1 GSI(Generic System Image) integrated with GApps from this XDA thread.
- Make sure to have ADB and Fastboot installed on your computer. (If own MAC use this tutorial)
- At first, flash the stock OnePlus 6 boot image.
fastboot flash boot_a boot.img fastboot flash boot_b boot.img
4. Then, flash the LineageOS 15.1 GSI image.
fastboot flash system_a system.img fastboot flash system_b system.img
5. Finally, flash the vbmeta image.
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
6. That’s it, now reboot your OnePlus 6 to enjoy the newly installed LineageOS 15.1 ROM.