Impatient owners of Sprints Nexus S 4G can now update to ICS. Offcially it may come anytime, anyday from now. Google has posted the update’s factory image to their code bank and uploaded the official update file to go along with it. Its maually download and Install Method.
- Download this file from here http://android.clients.google.com/pa…g/TAMkDR3z.zip
- Rename it to update.zip (Windows users careful not to get a double “.zip” extension) and place it on your sdcard.
- Shut down phone
- Boot into bootloader (Volume Up+Power) then from bootloader screen choose RECOVERY (Navigate Vol Up/Down and select with Power).
- From stock recovery choose to install update.zip
- Sit back and relax for a few and you should boot into official Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 !
It’s worth nothing that updating via this method will afford you the same results as those that wait for the file to be pushed by Sprint. This is the same version that will arrive on your Phone.