Google has started to rollout the May Security update for the Nexus and Pixel devices. They have made the Factory images and OTA files available for Pixel and Nexus devices. Users who want to flash the new build can use the factory image with May Android Security update.
Users who don’t want to loose data and want to pursue with the content, can download the OTAs files from the source below. These builds and OTAs are now available for Pixel/Pixel XL, Pixel C, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nexus 6, and Nexus 9.
Here are the actual Build Number along with the device:
- Pixel and Pixel XL (N2G47O)
- Pixel C (N2G47O)
- Nexus 6P (N2G47O)
- Nexus 5X (N2G47O)
- Nexus Player (N2G47R)
- Nexus 9 LTE (N4F27B)
- Nexus 9 WiFi (N4F27B)
Verizon and Deutsche Telekom specific builds as follows
- Pixel/Pixel XL (Deutsche Telekom): N2G47T
- Pixel/Pixel XL (Verizon): NHG47L
User who want to flash these builds can do so by hitting the source link below.
In May Security Bulletin Google has addressed lot of issues and security bugs. They have addressed major fixes with the Qualcomm processor son various devices. Further they have fixed bugs on the devices running Mediatek Processors.
Time line of Security Update:
- April Security patch Rolling Out to Pixel and Nexus Devices (Factory Images Available)
- Google Releases Nexus Security Update for March 2017
- Google Publishes February Security Update Images
- January Android Security Patch is available for Pixel and Nexus Devices