OnePlus has now released a new Oxygen OS Open Beta build for its yesteryear handsets OnePlus 3 and 3T. The new Beta updates carry the version numbers 28 and 19 in OnePlus 3 and 3T respectively. Though they lies a difference in Open Beta version numbers, both the package bundles same contents for the devices. Most notably, bringing support for aptX/aptX HD wireless audio-compression technology in OnePlus 3/3T.
For those who don’t know, aptX is a digital audio compression technique currently owned and developed by Qualcomm. It facilitates nearly lossless audio streaming via wireless accessories such as BlueTooth headsets, speakers, smartwatches etc. While the aptX HD is an evolved form of the tech that supports up to 96KHz sampling rate compared to the 44KHz standard used in normal audio coding. Hence, the OnePlus 3/3T users could enjoy the flawless audio with less distortion wirelessly after updating to the latest Open Beta.
In addition, there are other plenty of improvements or enhancements reaching the devices with this release. Considerable visual changes, UI fixes, improved battery and RAM management being some add-ons. The changelog also suggests an upgraded security patch level, that might be dated as 1st October, though not clearly revealed.
Well, detailed changelog of the update is as follows:
- Optimized and enhanced application shortcut menu
- Optimized shelf visual style
- Added a photo map to view photos by location
- UI enhancements and other optimizations
- Added emergency information (ICE) to your personal information
- Wireless hotspot management optimizations
- Support for aptX/aptX HD
- UI fixes for Quick Settings
- Optimized Wi-Fi performance and security
- Optimized battery usage statistics
- Updated Android Security Patch
- Other bug fixes and optimizations