OnePlus quick update policy is one of the aspects that makes us a great admirer of the OnePlus devices. The OnePlus 6 received its OxygenOS 9.0 update months ago, now, the company is taking the update to its yesteryear’s devices – the OnePlus 5&5T.
The first official Android™ 9 Pie™ OTA update for the OnePlus 5 and 5T branded as OxygenOS 9.0 comes in as a small Christmas present for the users. We came to know that the update, as usual, is rolling out in phases. As its result, the OTA will reach a small percentage of users today, and the broader roll-out will happen in a few days. Well, the official update changelog is worth the attention.
- Updated system to Android™ 9 Pie™
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- Brand new navigation gestures (Available for OnePlus 5T only)
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.12
- Other new features and system improvements
- New Gaming mode 3.0
- Added text notification mode
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
- Do Not Disturb mode
- New Do Not Disturb (DND) mode with adjustable settings
- Integrated Google Lens mode
The OTA update should be similar to both of the devices. However, from the changelog one of the new features is exclusive for OnePLus 5T – a new navigation gestures. Well, the changes are similar to the first Android Pie beta of the OnePlus 5/5T which was rolled-out a little while ago. OnePlus hasn’t forgotten to bundle the latest December SMR with the OxygenOS update which is pretty good.
That being said, if you’re a OnePlus 5/5T owner hit the software update section to see whether the update is available for you or not. If already updated, then do let us know your first impression about the update in the comment section.