Before Christmas, OnePlus rolled out the Android Oreo update to the OnePlus 5 as OxygenOS 5.0 . But, sadly the OTA roll out was halted due to some bugs in the update. However, as promised the update is live one again with bugs fixed.
The update which is now rolling out to the users is OxygenOS 5.0.1 with the bugs fixed. As OTA updates are rolled out in phases, it might take time to hit your device. Do check for updates regularly from the settings to force start it. However, you can also get the update right now by using VPN and setting your location to either Canada, Germany, Finland or Hong Kong.
Along with Android Oreo and December security level, the update also brings some new features as part of OxygenOS 5. The most notable ones are Parallel Apps which enables users to use multiple iterations of the apps installed, ‘Places’ tab in Gallery which was leaked back in November, Beauty Effect for portrait mode and new design for Lift up display.
Here, take a look at the complete changelog provided by OnePlus.
- Updated to Android O (8.0)
- Optimizations for Shelf
- Now you can upload your photo through Shot on OnePlus
- New Camera UI design
- Optimizations for photo quality
- Added beauty effect for Portrait Mode
- Bug fixes for third party camera application
- Added “Places” tab for viewing photos on a map
- Added history feature
- Added alarm calendar feature
- Added Parallel Apps feature
- New design for Quick Settings
- New design for Lift up display
- Added “Adaptive model” screen calibration
- Optimizations for Wi-Fi
- Optimizations for Battery Saver
- Updated Android security patch to December
- Fixed network issues for European operators