OnePlus is quite eager to announce the stable update for the OnePlus 6, that’s why they have rolled a third consecutive beta update within a span 15 days. The update brings many new features, enhancements and fixes for the bugs in the previous builds. Majorly, OnePlus has added a fix for the ambient display stability issues. Many other features such are also added in order to increase the usability and stability on the OnePlus 6 beta build.
Talking in detail, the new update of Oxygen OS Public Beta 3 has fixes the issues of previous builds and now we are moving towards more stable build for OnePlus 6. OnePlus has added face unlock stability with the support to launch the Google Assistant or other third party apps from the power button.
OxygenOS Public Beta 3 Changelog
- Fixed stability issues with ambient display
- Improved stability for face unlock and fingerprint scanner
- Added support to launch google assistant or other third party assistant app by holding the power button for 0.5 seconds
- Added support for more apps (Telegram, Discord, IMO, Uber, OLA) in parallel apps.
OnePlus Switch v2.1.0
- Added manual connection method if unable to connect the Switch app with QR code on the old device.
- Supported backup and recovery for application data including the homescreen, lock screen, and app layout.
- Bug fixes and support for more Android models.
- Some applications may not function as expected when running on this beta version.
- Google Pay service is not working.
- Read More: Pocophone F1 VS OnePlus 6, Who is the Real Flagship Killer?
A new version of the OnePlus Switch is also a part of the update. The new OnePlus Switch v2.1.0 has added support for backup and recovery for different customisation elements such as lockscreen, app layout, homescreen, etc.