After bringing the ColorOS 7 update, Oppo is now working on the ColorOS 7 trial update for Oppo A5 and A9 mid-range smartphones. However, the Oppo is a bit late to the party as the Android 11 DP 4 is already in its final phases. The trial update on both the devices is rolling out to all the users who have opted for the testing. However, if you still want to be part of the update, then make sure to read the whole article as the company is still accepting invitations. The stable ColorOS 7 update is not so far away, as the beta update will conclude within a few weeks from now.
Both the Oppo A5 and A9 2020 variants are receiving the Android 10 beta/trial update in May as shared on the update timeline shared by Oppo. The new update brings all the luxuries of Android 10 and OCLOR OS 7. There are many changes that Oppo did in the latest iteration of ColorOS.
There are many new UI changes with more appealing and attractive elements than the ColorOS 6. The new changes make it more efficient and easy to use. A new font – Oppo Sans is introduced for a refreshing look. There’s also a smart sidebar to open an app in split mode. It even assists users to open apps easily. There are tons of changes in the new OS that you can check below.
Features of ColorOS 7
• Optimised 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimised screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
• New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
• Optimised gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
• Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added all new charging animation.
• Optimised the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
• Added a pause function for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimised system pre-loaded ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
• New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.
• Optimised visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimised the startup animation for Game Space.
• More live wallpapers.
• Added Art+ static wallpapers.
• Customise whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
• Customise the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
• Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
• Optimised the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operations.
• Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
• More screen-off clock styles.
• Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
• Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
• Optimised the Camera UI for better user experience.
• Optimised the Timer UI and sound.
• Optimised the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognises more than 80 different scenes.
• OPPO Share now supports sharing files with vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimised the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
• Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
• Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
• Added DocVault, an app for easy management and use of your digital ID cards (available only on phones sold in India).
Enter Oppo A9 2020 and A5 2020 Beta Trial update
There’s still a chance to enter the beta version testing by following some of the steps below.
- Update your Oppo A5 2020 and Oppo A9 2020 to these firmware versions.
- After upgrade, head over to the Settings > Software Upgrades > Settings Icon > Tap “Trial Version”> Fill Information > Done.
- Head back to the Software update page and you will get the latest ColorOS 7 version.
- You can leave the Beta testing by heading to the Settings Icon > then press cancel the application.
The ColorOS beta update for Oppo A9 2020 and A5 2020 might carry some bugs. You can even report them, proceed at your own bug.