A little over two weeks of beta testing and here is the stable OxygenOS 10.0 update for the OnePlus 6 and 6T. OnePlus has always been one among the early adopters of the new Android OS, and this time as well it’s no difference. The stable OxygenOS 10.0 comes with almost the same changelog as that of the beta1. In case if you’re not a beta user, do check the changelog of OxygenOS 10 here;
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Contextual Display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Contextual Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings – Blocking settings)
As in the case with every major update, the OxygenOS 10 for OnePlus 6/6T is a staged rollout. The OTA will be received by a limited number of users as of now and will have a broader roll-out in a few days after making sure there are no critical bugs. Though not a deal-breaker, the update bears the previous month’s security patch dated, 1st October 2019.
Might be a bummer for some as the Hide Notch (display cutout) option is currently unavailable on this build. We can expect OnePlus to bring it back in a later release of the OxygenOS 10.0. So, those who’re used to Hide Notch option have to adjust with the fullscreen view for a while.
If you’re a OnePlus 6/6T user, then go and hit the update section. If already updated, do let us know your experience down in the comments.