Realme starts rolling out Android security patch for the month of March 2020 to its mid-range Android phones i.e. Realme XT and Realme 5 Pro. The update on Realme XT comes with firmware version RMX1921EX_11_C.03 and it weighs about 669 MB in size, and Realme 5 Pro comes with firmware version RMX1971EX_11_C.02.
The update on both the phones packed with March 2020 security patch along with some optimizations. The memory leak issue is also fixed in this update. The changelog of the update on both the phones is almost the same. You can see it below.
● Android security patch: March 2020
● Optimized system power consumption
● Optimized the effect of game audio
● Fixed the probability error of boot animation display
● Fixed the low probabilistic stuck issue while using third-party applications
● Fixed low probability stuck issue due to the memory leak of system
● Fixed the probability issue that photos or screenshots are not displayed after upgrading
Realme says the update is rolling out in phases so if the OTA doesn’t reach you right now don’t panic. If will come in some time and if you can wait you can always check it manually by going through the settings >> software updates >> check for new updates. However, if you know how to manually flash the OTA, then we will post the OTA download links below.
We recommend you that before start downloading the update make sure you’re on a stable WiFi connection to avoid data charges. Moreover, charge your phone up to at least 50% before start installing the update.