In the Q2 of 2019, Xiaomi has officially introduced the Redmi Note 8 smartphone. Talking about the specifications of the device, it features a 6.3-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. In terms of camera, there’s a quad rear camera and a 13-MP single front-facing camera. Moreover, the device is powered by an Octa-core processor based Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 Chipset.
Related: Realme 5 Updates Tracker.
Note: This is an updates tracker and will be updated regularly with the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 smartphone updates.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8/ 8 Pro Updates Tracker
- [November 25, 2020]: The Redmi Note 8 smartphones have started picking the November 2020 Security patch update on the MIUI V184.108.40.206.QCOMIXM Firmware version. As per the changelog, the update comes with the latest Security patch, Optimizations, and fixes for known issues. The changelog of this update is as follows.
- Optimization: Control center layout in landscape mode
- Fix: Noise could be heard when the screen was turned off in some cases
- Updated Android Security Patch to November 2020. Increased system security.
The update ROM weighs nearly 2.3GB in size and you also download the update file from the below link.
- [November 18, 2020]: Xiaomi has begun cultivating the October 2020 Security patch update for the Redmi Note 8 Pro users. The update is based on Android 10 and is rolling out on the V220.127.116.11.QECRUXM Firmware version. It is already live in many regions like Russia, China, etc. Many of the users have started experiencing the update. As per the changelog, the update comes with a couple of fixes and new add-ons. The update brings new add-ons like Swipe down from the upper left corner to open the Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control Centre, tapping a blank spot in the Control centre closes it now and more. However, you will be experiencing the new add-ons and changes while using your smartphone.
- [October 27, 2020]: The September 2020 Security patch update has finally started hitting the Redmi Note 8 devices. Talking about the changelog, besides the latest Security patch and the improvements, the company has not included any new features. As a result, this update is only meant to increase the Security patch level and enhance the stability of the smartphone.
- [December 9, 2019]: Starting from this day, the Redmi Note 8 Pro smartphones have started experiencing the MIUI 11 update in various regions. The update bears the V18.104.22.168.PCOINXN Firmware version and weighs 226MB in size. As per the changelog, the update features the MIUI 11 goodness, features, bug fixes, optimizations and much more. However, you will be undergoing all the new changes while using the smartphone. More details about this update can be found on our dedicated article.
- Similar to all the other updates, the company is sending the updates in phases and it usually takes a couple of days to reach all the units. In the meanwhile, you can navigate to Settings>Software updates and check for updates to manually check the update status. We also suggest you to switch over to a WiFi network to avoid carrier data charges.
- Related: Xiaomi Mi A2 Update Tracker.