It seems Samsung is going to have a busy 2018 as per the new findings by folks at XDA. They somehow found out the code names of upcoming unannounced Samsung smartphones from framework-res of the leaked Galaxy Note 8 Android 8.0 Oreo beta build. And there are a couple of new generations which the South Korean giant will be unveiling down the line this year.
Here, take a look at the code names of the upcoming smartphones from Samsung.
Upcoming Samsung Smartphones – 2018 lineup
- astarqlte – Samsung Galaxy S9 Active (Snapdragon)
- c10lte – Samsung Galaxy C10
- c10plte – Samsung Galaxy C10 Plus
- crown – Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- gta2xl – Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2018
- gtesy18lte – Samsung Galaxy Tab E 2018
- gts4llte – Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
- j2y18lte – Samsung Galaxy J2 2018
- j3neolte – Samsung Galaxy J3 Neo
- j4lte – Samsung Galaxy J4
- j6lte – Samsung Galaxy J6
- j8lte – Samsung Galaxy J8
- star – Samsung Galaxy S9
- star2 – Samsung Galaxy S9+
As you can see from above, there are listings of few first generation smartphones like the Galaxy J4(j4lte), Galaxy J6(j6lte) and Galaxy J8(j8lte). As the name suggests, all of them will fit between the current Galaxy J series which includes J2, J5 and J7 respectively. Thus, Galaxy J8 will now replace the J7 as the premium budget offering.
Moving on, Samsung will be also updating the Galaxy C series with C10 and C10 plus with Snapdragon 660 and dual camera setup as leaked earlier last year. And last but not least, the code name jackpot suggests that it might be the rumoured Galaxy X (foldable smartphone) which even Samsung confirmed they will be announcing this year. And they will be coming in two variants like the Galaxy S9 which is also listed above.
However, we can only take these findings with a grain of salt as development of these devices may change as they are not yet finalised. What are your expectations from Samsung this year? Do let us know in the comment section below.
Follow Us on our Channels: