Magisk is getting yet another update mainly focused on bug fixes and improvements. The latest Magisk 19.2 and Magisk Manager 7.2.0 live on official Magisk repo with the following changelog.
- [General] Fix uninstaller
- [General] Fix bootloops on some devices with tmpfs mounting to /data
- [MagiskInit] Add Kirin hi6250 support
- [MagiskSU] Stop claiming device focus for su logging/notify if feasible: This fix issues with users locking Magisk Manager with app lock, and prevent
video apps get messed up when an app is requesting root in the background.
Magisk Manager 7.2.0
- Huge UI overhaul
- More sweet changes coming in the future!
As mentioned earlier, the latest release is mainly focused on bug fixes and minor improvements. Hopes, the issue with SafetyNet pass on certain devices with the previous release is finally getting addressed.
Moreover, as per the changelog fix for the bootloop on some devices is in tow on the Magisk 19.2. As far as new support is considered, Magisk is now capable of rooting Kirin HiSilicon 6150 powered devices. Note that, Huawei doesn’t provide kernel source codes of their devices so it’s really hard to gain root access on Huawei devices. Nonetheless, Topjohnwu has always figured out finicky ways to intrude into the Huawei system.
As of the Magisk Manager, it’s getting a new UI overhaul. Also, the changelog hints about a more substantial upgrade in next release. We need to wait and see what the developer has up its sleeve for the next release.
Magisk 19.2: Download