Huawei Y6(2019) which was launched back in March 2019 is an Entry-level Android Phone. The main highlight of the phone is its display i.e. 6.09-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720×1560 pixels and an aspect ratio of 19.5:9. It is powered with MediaTek Helio A22 (MT6761) processor and pairs with 2 GB of RAM. The Phone packs with 32 GB internal storage which can be expandable up to 512 GB via microSD card. In this article, we will guide you on how to unlock the bootloader of Huawei Y6(2019).
All the Android Phone manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source OS. If you want to install a custom ROM on your phone, then you have to unlock the bootloader of your phone. There is one thing which you should keep in mind if you unlock the bootloader of your phone the manufacturer warranty will be void.
Advantages of Unlock Bootloader
- You can Root your android smartphone.
- You can Flash Twrp and Custom ROM.
- Performance can be increased by using various scripts.
- To Unlock Bootloader On Huawei Y6 2019, you need a laptop or PC.
- Download and install the latest ADB and Flashboot to your PC.
- Charge the Huawei Y6 2019 up to at least 60 %.
- Take a complete full backup of your personal data, including the internal storage.
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to PC.
- Download and install the latest USB drivers on your PC.
- Download the DC-unlocker software and install it on your pc.
Guide to Unlock Huawei Y6(2019) Bootloader
- Enable the Developer Options of your phone (Tap on Build number for 7 times).
- Go to the Developer Options in the settings of your phone and enable OEM to unlock.
- Run the DC-unlocker software, Select Huawei from the manufacturer’s list.
- Now under the Phone model select your phone. After that select processor brand of your phone i.e. MediaTek Helio A22.
- In the Server Tab, you have to log in and purchase credit to get the unlock code for your Huawei Y6 (2019).
- After you save the unlock code you have to reboot your phone by pressing Volume up and Power button simultaneously. Then enter into the fastboot mode.
- Connect your phone to PC via USB cable.
- Open DC Unlocker software on PC and in the top command bar type cmd and enter the code written below.
fastboot oem unlock 'unlock code here' ex. fastboot oem unlock enter the unlock code here which you got earlier
- That’s it bootloader of Huawei Y6(2019) is unlocked now.
If you got any problem by following the above-written guide, then ask us via comments below, we will try to help you out. Stay Tuned!